Wednesday 13 February 2013

Hello!


Welcome to my new blog!

I really wanted to have a blog which would allow me to share with others all the things which I love and make me happy! So expect this blog to contain amazing (!) commentary and insights into...

Books... My book obsession is legendary amongst my friends, family, colleagues (my desk at work even has a little collection in the bottom drawer) – though I am trying to minimise my book purchasing at the moment! I read so many books which afterwards I want to share my thoughts on, and this blog will hopefully allow me to do that! 

Baking...My other love is baking. I love spending time in the kitchen producing cakes, biscuits, cookies and other sweet things – I find the process of baking really relaxing and therapeutic, far more so than day to day cooking!

Nail polish...I currently have a minor obsession with nail varnish. Don’t ask me where from, but in the last few months I have gone from rarely wearing nail polish to wearing it every day and changing it every couple of days! Don’t expect gorgeous swatches from me, but I might occasionally share what I am wearing/have bought!

Art...I thought I’d also be able to put some of my favourite artworks on my blog; I am a bit fan of the Pre-Raphaelites, have many ‘favourite’ painting that are Pre-Raphaelite and also love reading about the artists and their lives.

Outings...although I live in London, I am shameful at going to museums and theatres which are right on my doorstep! I do however occasionally go to a play or the ballet, or to an art gallery, or go to a National Trust house with my OH (we have oh-so-grown-up joint membership!) or do something exciting in London, drink cocktails and so forth, so intend to include these here too!

This is my third, and hopefully final, attempt to start up a blog... I think previous attempts have failed because I had too rigid and restrictive an idea of what I should cover, i.e. books only. And whilst I love (love, love, love) books, it’s not the only thing in my life which I get enjoyment out of and it seems a shame not to include all those other things as well! Also, I put too much pressure on myself to write a particular amount about each book, and to blog so many times a week, which took the joy away from writing down my thoughts about what I had read.

So my plan for this blog is that there are no rules! I will blog about anything I think is interesting or enjoyable and I won’t worry if one week I only blog once and the next I blog 4 times. I hope that any readers I gather will enjoy what I post and don’t mind just going with the flow!

No comments:

Post a Comment